Friday, November 3, 2017

Road Trip Letter @ St. Apollinaris School

LETTER TO FAMILIES
NOVEMBER 3, 2017
ROAD TRIP PLANS



Dear Friends,
I’m going on a road trip!
On Saturday, my big brother, Bill, is flying in, and on Monday morning, we’re driving to Michigan. It will take three days, and we’ll drive through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and finally get to Michigan. Directions are easy: Take Interstate 80 to Chicago, and then get on Interstate 94 into Michigan. Then I’ll be in Michigan with my family for two weeks. After Thanksgiving I’ll turn around and come back. This time I’ll be bringing my good friend Father Tom. That’s 3 more days on the road. And then I’ll be back in Napa! While I’m in Michigan I’ll go to the Beatification ceremony for Father Solanus Casey. He was a priest who died in 1957. He’s famous for his prayers and many miracles. I also hope to go to a  hockey game, sleep in a lot, go shopping with my parents, and eat a ton of turkey.
Be good while I’m gone!
See you soon.
– Fr. David